Re: [p2-dev] isFragment

On 03/27/2010 06:24 PM, Scott Lewis wrote:
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
Hi Scott,
Do you mean a fragment in the OSGi bundle sense or a p2 IU fragment (the reason I ask is that I confused these two a while back)?

I see. In that case you can use the method:

 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.query.QueryUtil.isFragment(iu)

It will return true for a p2 fragment. It will not yield true for an OSGi fragment though, since that's represented as any other IU in p2. The p2 fragments are primarily used for translations.

- thomas

Well, actually I'm just referring to what IInstallableUnit.isFragment used to specify...I can't remember right now whether that was the bundle fragment sense or iu fragment sense.

Scott