Re: [p2-dev] Releasing API changes

> In addition to the above, it would also help if it was easier to
> maintain a target platform containing the latest nightly. Today, that
> takes forever since most bundles change their qualifier on each build
> (downloading from eclipse.org to my location isn't exactly rapid). The
> same is true if I want to test the IDE using nightly builds.

There isn't much PDE can do to help here (at least for 3.6).  You can have a target definition that points at a local N build, and then run and update that N build when convenient.  Then reload the target platform from the preference page.

Another option would be to have a target that points at the N build repo.  Each time you wanted to update it you would have to open the target and edit the version it points to and let it resolve.

Having a remote target that can be updated (and where the downloads happen in the background) is definitely on the 'do want' list, but unfortunately won't be happening for 3.6.

Curtis