Re: [p2-dev] New Query API Questions; Migrating from my own ContextQuery

Hi Chris,
The query that you show here builds a complex result. At the time of writing, the ql evaluator cannot create and return instances of a class like IUPackage so I suggest you divide the query into two steps. First a query that selects all IU's that provides something in the "java.package" namespace, and then a step that collects the actual packages. Something like this (I assume no generics since your example didn't show any)

IQuery query = QueryUtil.createMatchQuery("providedCapabilities.exists(p | p.namespace == 'java.package')");
HashSet iuPackages = new HashSet();
Iterator iter = queryable.query(query, monitor).iterator();
while(iter.hasNext()) {
  IInstallableUnit iu = (IInstallableUnit)iter.next();
  Iterator pcIter = iu.getProvidedCapabilities().iterator();
  while (pcIter.hasNext()) {
    IProvidedCapability pc = (IProvidedCapability)pcIter.next();
    if (pc.getNamespace().equals("java.package"))
         iuPackages.add(new IUPackage(iu, pc.getName(), pc.getVersion()));
  }
}

HTH,
- thomas