Re: [p2-dev] Match/Context naming

On 02/24/2010 12:28 AM, Susan Franklin McCourt wrote:

MatchQuery
RelativeMatchQuery

I have problems with the term 'match' since I consider all queries to be a filter that produce a result of instances that 'match'. Susan's suggestion also shows this by adding the term to both queries. I think the term itself thus becomes redundant. It doesn't help bringing clarity into what it is that differentiates the two types.

To me, the term 'relative' suggests that the other query is 'absolute' or perhaps 'concrete' which in turn seems a bit far fetched.