[p2-dev] Match/Context naming

Hi,
Before I did the latest refactoring, the expression equivalent for a context query was named QLContextQuery and resided in the QL package. For various reasons, I had to move that to the metadata package instead. I then renamed it ExpressionContextQuery. So now we have ExpressionQuery and ExpressionContextQuery. The former implements IMatchQuery and thus expects a boolean expression to be applied on each row. The latter is a full query that is applied on all rows.

I'm not at all happy with the names. Both queries are expression queries. And the term 'context' strikes me as a bit odd. What context? The evaluation context? Query context?

The term 'match' is better. The each candidate is matched against a boolean expression. But I would really like two terms that are related. 'match' and 'context' has no relationship. How about 'each' and 'all' ? I.e.

ExpressionQuery (common super)
    EachQuery
    AllQuery

Do you have suggestions? I'd like to hear them.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top