Re: [p2-dev] Dropins DirectoryWatcher problem with Bundle-Localization

It would be best to open a bug report with detailed steps (like you included below) and sample bundles which exhibit the problem. We can take a look at it from there. Thanks.

http://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs
New -> RT -> Equinox -> p2

Inactive hide details for Chefo ---02/12/2010 05:00:09 AM---Hi guys, I'm struggling with the following problem for a couple of Chefo ---02/12/2010 05:00:09 AM---Hi guys, I'm struggling with the following problem for a couple of days:

Chefo <cheffo@xxxxxxxxx>

p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/12/2010 05:00 AM

[p2-dev] Dropins DirectoryWatcher problem with Bundle-Localization

Sent by:

p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi guys,

I'm struggling with the following problem for a couple of days:

I am using a setup of equinox with p2. I am adding an extremely simple localized bundle (with Bundle-Localization manifest header) and a fragment bundle (containing the resources for some other language) to the p2 dropins folder, expecting the dropins plugin to install and start the host bundle. What seems to happen is that p2 publisher creates an additional installable unit named <
fragment.bundle.symbolic.name>.translated_host_properties (which I suppose should contain localized manifest headers of the fragment host for the given localization). The new installable unit is persisted in the dropins plugin content.xml
As a result however the Directory watcher prints the following message:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.directorywatcher 4 0 2010-02-08 17:49:51.983
!MESSAGE The installable unit my.fragment.bundle.translated_host_properties is missing the filename property.

which is certainly true. Here is the entry in the contents.xml:

    <unit id='my.fragment.bundle.translated_host_properties' version='1.0.0.0'>
      <hostRequirements size='1'>
        <required namespace='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu' name='my.host.bundle' range='0.0.0' greedy='false'/>
      </hostRequirements>
      <properties size='1'>
        <property name='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.type.fragment' value='true'/>
      </properties>
      <requires size='1'>
        <required namespace='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu' name='my.host.bundle' range='0.0.0' greedy='false'/>
      </requires>
      <touchpoint id='null' version='0.0.0'/>
    </unit>

The problem is that after this other new plugins in the dropins folder are not processed...

Additionally if I remove the host and the fragment from the dropins folder the dropins plugin will only remove those two from the contents.xml and will leave the additional .translated_host_properties installable unit (understandable since there is no file to delete and uninstall it)

Am I missing something about the localized bundles? Is this some intentional behavior or am I missing sth? I am quite new to equinox and p2 so any help would be highly appreciated.

Oh and I'm not sure whether this is the place to ask this question, so if not could you please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Cheers,

p2-dev mailing list
p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx