[p2-dev] MiSC official results

Dear all,

I reported a few weeks ago the good results of a p2 based resolver for
managing Linux dependencies.

An official statement about that event has just been posted in [1].
After cross-checking the results, p2cudf was in fact the winner in each
track, with the specific optimization function we designed for such event.

To some extent, it means that the approach p2 decided to follow two
years ago was not that wrong :)

The detailed results of the initial competition (benchmarks by
benchmarks) are available in [2].

One of the surprising consequence of those good results in that first
competition is that one of the competitor decided to reuse our encoding
and replace SAT4J by their own boolean optimization engine (here a
MAXSAT solver) [3].

The p2cudf resolver is available from Eclipse's web site [4].

Cheers,

	Daniel

[1] http://blog.mancoosi.org/
[2] http://www.mancoosi.org/misc-nice-2010/
[3] http://www.mancoosi.org/misc-internal/
[4] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/CUDFResolver
--
             Daniel Le Berre mailto:leberre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             MCF,    CRIL-CNRS UMR 8188,    Universite d'Artois

Back to the top