Re: [p2-dev] self profile

Yes, the concept of "self" is limiting and most of the p2 code doesn't use "self" as far as I know (with some exceptions in UI, console, and automated tests). Is there a particular place where self is being used that is causing problems for you, or are you suggesting that we get rid of the concept completely?

Meng Xin Zhu <kane.zhu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/02/2010 04:42 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[p2-dev] self profile

Hi dev,

The algorithm of finding self profile has a bit changes. It considers
it's the running system when store equals the default registry
location.
But we change the default registry directory via contributing the
profile registry, and specify the profile of running system(installer)
via system property "eclipse.p2.profile".
The new changes take away the benefit of
getProfile(IProfileRegistry.SELF). Is there any bug opened for reporting
it? Might there is some requirements need it.

                                 if (store.equals(getDefaultRegistryDirectory(location))) {
                                                  //we are the registry for the currently running system
                                                  self =
EngineActivator.getContext().getProperty("eclipse.p2.profile"); //$NON-NLS-1$
                                 }

--
Best Regards,
Meng Xin(Kane)