Re: [p2-dev] IProvisioningAgentProvider service

The ds bundle must be added to the config.ini or bundles.info and needs to be started because it is mandatory for the system to behave properly. Its activation will cause all the services declaratively registered by bundles (ss OSGI-INF/component.xml) to be made available, which means that after that point you will be able to access the IProvisioningAgent service any service lookup mechanism.

Inactive hide details for Thomas M Houser ---29/01/2010 02:23:11 AM---Correction, the bundle actually does have some non-internThomas M Houser ---29/01/2010 02:23:11 AM---Correction, the bundle actually does have some non-internal interfaces (not sure why I didn't notice the org.apache.felix.scr.*

Thomas M Houser <tmhouser@xxxxxxxxxx>

p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

29/01/2010 02:23 AM

Re: [p2-dev] IProvisioningAgentProvider service

Correction, the bundle actually does have some non-internal interfaces (not sure why I didn't notice the org.apache.felix.scr.* interfaces at first), but it doesn't help to reference them since the bundle doesn't have a "Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy" in its manifest. So it looks like I am stuck with adding this bundle to the "osgi.bundles" property in "config.ini" or explicitly starting the bundle in my code. Unless I am missing something.