Re: [p2-dev] Roaming not really movable

Roaming refers to the ability of moving the installation and still be able to run it. It does not have the characteristic of adjusting every possible path in the universe including the repos listed in the repo managers :)
Did you try setting a relative path as a repo?

Inactive hide details for Thomas Hallgren ---28/01/2010 05:23:48 AM---I have a Buckminster user who installs a buckminster runtThomas Hallgren ---28/01/2010 05:23:48 AM---I have a Buckminster user who installs a buckminster runtime using the

Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>

28/01/2010 05:23 AM

[p2-dev] Roaming not really movable

I have a Buckminster user who installs a buckminster runtime using the
p2 director with -roaming. He then copies the installation onto a memory
stick and makes an attempt to run from there. That doesn't work because
the installation has an absolute path (with drive letter) in the
<installDir>\p2\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine\.settings\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.prefs.

This is using 3.5 on a windows box. Is this a known problem? Has it been
fixed since?

- thomas