Re: [p2-dev] How is the agent cache used?

The cache filename is based on a hash of the location, so two different hashes means those repositories had two different URLs. I didn't see any bug in this from a quick review, but feel free to take a look at CacheManager.createCache where this is computed.  So, unless there is a bug I can only think that there were two different remote repositories at *different* locations with identical content. For example maybe somebody manually mirrored or copied a full repository to another location? Can you tell what repository this is? Or I suppose it could be two URLs that resolve to the same place (http://www.foo.com/repo and http://foo.com/repo for example). Since we don't use java.net.URL equality testing we would treat these as different...

John

Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/27/2010 04:51 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[p2-dev] How is the agent cache used?

Buckminster now uses it's own agent and i started to look at what p2
stores in the cache that it keeps under the directory <agent
root>/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository/cache. After loading some
repositories I found two files named:

 content643182476.jar
 content2050526759.jar

They were both of the exact same size. Content looked very similar to so
I checked the md5sum. It's also exactly the same. Should this ever happen?

- thomas