Re: [p2-dev] the root/group/category constant of IU

These constants were exposing implementation details and were leaving us very little place for changing their representation.
Instead we are providing helper methods in the form of CategoryQuery#isCategory(IU).

Inactive hide details for Meng Xin Zhu ---24/01/2010 10:20:59 PM---Hi dev,Meng Xin Zhu ---24/01/2010 10:20:59 PM---Hi dev,

Meng Xin Zhu <kane.zhu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

24/01/2010 10:20 PM

[p2-dev] the root/group/category constant of IU

Hi dev,

M4 even added group and category constant in IInstallableUnit. However
they are removed in latest HEAD. We have to maintain the duplicated
constant string when we generate the root/group/category IU in our repo
or query root/group/category IU from the repo.
Could you pls explain the intent for abandoning them? or is there an
another formal way instead of using those constant?
Thanks.

Meng Xin Zhu