Re: [p2-dev] P2 bundle naming convensions.

The original name never makes it to the repository as such. Instead an artifact key is created from it and then published.
Therefore you have two possibilities:
1) see if there is a generic mapping rule that corresponds to Maven layout
2) have a mapping rule for each artifact that directly points to the artifact in the repo

The code doing the mapping can be found in the org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.Mapper and this code is referred to from SimpleArtifactRepository#createLocation

HTH

PaScaL

Inactive hide details for Saminda Wijeratne ---16/01/2010 01:37:44 AM---Hi,Saminda Wijeratne ---16/01/2010 01:37:44 AM---Hi,

Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@xxxxxxxx>

16/01/2010 01:37 AM

[p2-dev] P2 bundle naming convensions.

Hi,

We noticed that when generating p2 repos the bundles copied to the plugins folder contain the names according to the mapping rules specified in the artifacts.xml. Which means that the source bundle and the bundle in the p2 repo can have different names. Is it possible to allow the original name of the bundle in the p2 repo? The reason is that we use maven to produce the bundles and the naming conventions conflict between maven and p2 (maven.version!=osgi.version & maven.artifactId!=bundleSymbolicName).

Thanx in advance,
Saminda