Re: [p2-dev] committer votes and fumbled fingers.

Mik, Susan, Thanks for taking the time to consider this issue.  I personally don't feel "dis'd", but I can see how that could happen.

In this case there is absolutely no problem as both Shawn and Steffen are very strong developers and established members of the Eclipse community (and we would be lucky to have them help out with p2).  However, I think this particular policy could be gamed.  Do we see fundamental difference between someone committing 6 months worth of patches (both bug fixes and new features) and someone else creating a new enhancement in a separate project and "moving" it?  It would seem that a project *could* manipulate this policy to fast track commit status. (Give a developer commit rights on an incubator, have them fix one bug there, move the code).

It's an interesting discussion, clearly not relevant in this case, but interesting none-the-less.

I'm looking forward to the code in the p2 repository :-).

cheers,
ian