|[p2-dev] Major UI refactoring released to API branch - things may be broken this week|
I've committed a bunch of changes to the p2 UI in support of some API requests .
The overall direction looks quite promising, but the UI will be a bit broken for a few days until we sort out some service registry and ds issues.
If you run a self hosted p2 UI from the branch, here are some things you need to know.
1. There is a new p2 bundle and also a new branch of org.eclipse.ui.ide.
You can get these by reloading the project sets
2. There are required changes to PDE UI documented in . This doesn't matter if you aren't going install into the self profile of your self hosted workbench or run PDE target definition code. You'll need to include the patch from this bug until the PDE guys can commit them to the branch
3. I've been able to install and uninstall releng tools using the new code, but there are some problems that are immediately noticeable:
- IUPropertyUtils is unable to obtain a profile registry, so translations are not found
- the SDK policy registration via ds is failing, so the default policy is used instead.
4. The ui tests do not all pass yet. I'm investigating these.