Re: [p2-dev] what @since tag to use when the API graduates?

Is p2 going to version the API packages individually? If so then i would expect the @since tag to use the package version, not the bundle version. In that case this would all be new API and the package version should start at 1.0.0 in my opinion.

I'm not convinced the bundle versions should move up to version 2.0 because we have removed non-API (provisional stuff). In reality we are only adding new API so the minor version of the bundle would increase in that case, correct?

Tom

Inactive hide details for Ian Bull ---10/28/2009 09:49:53 PM---+1, I think 2.0 makes sense. Although, theoretically this shouldIan Bull ---10/28/2009 09:49:53 PM---+1, I think 2.0 makes sense. Although, theoretically this should be on a bundle by bundle basis I assume? If nothing (API wise

Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/28/2009 09:49 PM

Re: [p2-dev] what @since tag to use when the API graduates?

+1, I think 2.0 makes sense. Although, theoretically this should be on a bundle by bundle basis I assume?  If nothing (API wise) changes in a bundle, then it shouldn't get moved to 2.0, right?  Essentially we should follow the API / Version conventions on a per bundle basis, not a component basis.

cheers,
ian