[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[p2-dev] p2 installer tool - unexpected IUs uninstallation
- From: "Stoilov, Dimo" <dimo.stoilov@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:14:49 +0100
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: AcpX0KCmGXws7/wZSQSMuatY56CjPQ==
- Thread-topic: p2 installer tool - unexpected IUs uninstallation
1) Create an installation by running the installer pointing to Repo1
2) then switch to Repo2 hoping to add more stuff. However after running the installer we found out the existing stuff (from Repo1) got uninstalled.
Is this the expected behavior? May be there would be more useful and more intuitive to just add the new stuff to the already existing IUs instead of uninstalling the existing stuff. In the same way like the P2 UI in help->"check for updates"/"install new
Looking at the generated ProfileChangeRequest (in the code) - all the existing IUs are set for removal, and the new ones set for addition.