RE: [p2-dev] Update site error: Resulting configuration does not contain the platform

Eclipse version is :

Eclipse SDK  Version: 3.4.1 Build id: M20080911-1700

Error Location:

Help - Software Updates – find and install -- Search for new feature to install – New Remote Site,  -- http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.0.x -- Finish - (screen shot attached)

Even I have all these plugins in the classpath, this error occurred with the product which I have configured (through the product configuration).

This error occurring with all the sites remote/currently installed features.

My Observation:

If product configuration with my product id i.e. “com.example.product” , then try to do the update this problem occurs.

However if I have selected the id as org.eclipse.platform.id (as product identifier in product configuration) then this problem doesn’t occurred.

From the debugging:

org.eclipse.update.internal.operations.OperationValidator.computeFeatures(boolean) is throwing this error because,

if the primaryBundles i.e. “org.eclipse.platform_3.3.101.v200809111700” is equals with the featured plugins then it show correct result, other wise not. (primaryBundle is the product id here)

primaryBundle for eclipe product: org.eclipse.platform_3.3.101.v200809111700

primaryBundle for my product    : com.example.product_3.3.0.v20070623

What could be the problem, please add your comments here…

Thanks

Haribabu