[p2-dev] Fragment oddities

I'm looking at an IU that I was fairly sure was a fragment. The IU in question is the 'org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86'.

When I read this IU using a query, it doesn't arrive as a IInstallableUnitFragment and when I look at it's XML in the content.jar, it doesn't have any hostRequirements. It's also missing the fragment signum:

<property name='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.type.fragment' value='true'/>

So I guess this isn't a fragment then, at least not from a P2 perspective? OSGi will see it as a fragment. The manifest contains:

  Fragment-Host: org.eclipse.swt;

and this entry can also be found. Not sure what it means, but perhaps it's some ancient way of declaring the host requirement?

<provided namespace='osgi.fragment' name='org.eclipse.swt' version='3.5.0.v3550b'/>

Can someone please explain why the IU is declared this way?

Thanks,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top