[p2-dev] [equinox-dev] Equinox P2 updates folder

Hello,
I have an Eclipse based product (i use sdk 3.4.1) that has the following content:

eclipse/
     configuration/
     dropins/
     features/
     jre/
     p2/
     plugins/
     readme
folder1/
folder2/

In folder1 i have :
  subfolder1
  subfolder2
  a1.pdf
  a2.pdf
  b1.dll
  b2.dll

How can i make my Eclipse p2 see folder1 as having files and subfolder that should be updated?
If it is possible (as i read in p2 documentation), how will i be able to add updates on a site(until now i could only add features) for folder1 and its structure?
Sorry for my trivial questions, but I've just started to learn about the P2 updater.

Thank you,
Madalina