[p2-dev] Re: P2 API, Java 1.5?

[This message continues the thread about using Java 1.5 syntax in the coming p2 API: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/p2-dev/msg02072.html]

Hello,

Following this week team meeting, Olivier Thomann from the JDT core team and I havec explored the limitations of the down compilation of Java 5 syntax to 1.4 bytecode. We have captured the results of our exploration and came up with a list of recommendations / limitations [1].
The capsule summary is that we have access to almost all the enhancements of Java 5.
We have tested a variety of scenarios involving generics, var args, foreach, writing 1.4 or 1.5 code against the down compiled code, ... and everything worked.

PaScaL

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_down_compilation

Back to the top