Re: [p2-dev] Issue running p2 director

Actually, do you always want to install everything from this category?
If so I wonder would not you better off creating a single group that your users would install?

Inactive hide details for Daniel Jacobowitz ---09/14/2009 12:52:39 PM---On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:07:47AM -0400, Pascal RapicaDaniel Jacobowitz ---09/14/2009 12:52:39 PM---On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:07:47AM -0400, Pascal Rapicault wrote:

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@xxxxxxxxx>

09/14/2009 12:52 PM

Re: [p2-dev] Issue running p2 director

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:07:47AM -0400, Pascal Rapicault wrote:

> The short answer is no. There is no mechanism to install all the elements
> found in a category and there is no problem with the EMF repo.

I've found that installing a category IU using the director does
pretty much what you'd expect.  But it looks to me like it's a bug
rather than a feature that this works; when you click on a category in
the UI, the category's IU is not installed, only its children.  When
you install a category using the director, the category IU is
installed.

IMO it would be helpful if the director let you install a category,
in the same way as the UI.  Whether that means both install the
category IU or neither does, I don't know.

It may not be helpful with the categories presented by the eclipse.org
update sites, but it's helpful with the categories we present in our
product.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery