[p2-dev] Re: [emf-dev] Possible bug in EMF all-in-one distribution

IMHO the fact that p2 doesn't check locally for a .jar.pack.gz before
going to the web is still a bug in p2. A local repo, whether a zip or
a folder, ought to have the same 'see if there's a packed jar just in
case' behaviour - isn't that like one line of
if-jar-exists-then-install,elseif-jar.pack.gz-exists-then-install-else-check-the-web
code?

And since the zip is installable as a zip, which is easier/faster than
unpacking it first, and can be installed via director using the jar:
prefix, I consider this a WORKSFORME.

If you disagree, open a bug and I'll point you at the code that does
the jar packing, metadata gen, and zip packaging. Patches welcome.

Nick