[p2-dev] Compatibility question, 3.5 to 3.4

Hi,
I'm doing repository aggregations using a 3.5.x based P2. New repositories are created and populated with meta-data and artifacts from other repositories. If I use IU's from Galileo and other 3.4 sites as input, and if I refrain from creating composite repositories, what are the chances that the resulting repository will work using a 3.4 based IDE? Will a newer P2 write things that cannot be understood by 3.4?

If the answer is yes, I would be interested in creating some kind of backward compatibility layer, and would appreciate some help tracking down what needs to be dealt with.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top