[p2-dev] Compatibility question, 3.5 to 3.4

Hi,
I'm doing repository aggregations using a 3.5.x based P2. New repositories are created and populated with meta-data and artifacts from other repositories. If I use IU's from Galileo and other 3.4 sites as input, and if I refrain from creating composite repositories, what are the chances that the resulting repository will work using a 3.4 based IDE? Will a newer P2 write things that cannot be understood by 3.4?

If the answer is yes, I would be interested in creating some kind of backward compatibility layer, and would appreciate some help tracking down what needs to be dealt with.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren