[p2-dev] Error running Category publisher

We have been trying to create a single category to unify the content of our composite repository. We have found some guidance at: http://relengofthenerds.blogspot.com/2009/05/categories-with-composite-repos.html

But we are getting the following error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.app 4 0 2009-07-24 17:12:47.905

!MESSAGE Cannot add IUs to a composite repository

!STACK 0

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Cannot add IUs to a composite repository

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.CompositeMetadataRepository.addInstallableUnits(CompositeMetadataRepository.java:197)

      at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.Publisher.publish(Publisher.java:187)

      at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.AbstractPublisherApplication.run(AbstractPublisherApplication.java:291)

      at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.AbstractPublisherApplication.run(AbstractPublisherApplication.java:261)

      at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.AbstractPublisherApplication.start(AbstractPublisherApplication.java:322)

      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)

      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.AnyThreadAppLauncher.run(AnyThreadAppLauncher.java:26)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I’m not fully sure that we are using the publisher correctly, but can anyone see what we would be doing wrong or how to do it correctly?

TIA

Alain