Re: [p2-dev] p2 installer trouble

    Actually i am not trying to just have an installed eclipse here. I wanted to see how two eclipse instances with a shared bundle pool manage the install of bundles with dependencies. I'll explain further my question.
    For example we have two eclipse instances E1 and E2. E1 downloads to the repository installs a bundle with dependency to another bundle that is also downloaded and installed. E1's bundle.info is updated, here i guess that the artifact.xml in the pool is also updated. So now we go to E2 and check its "Available Software" there we should see the first bundle. We try to install it, what i am asking is whether E2 will also "know" about that dependency and install both the bundles?(1) So basically i also ask does the artifact.xml of the repository contain the bundle dependencies, so that multiple different instances can see these dependencies and resolve them during install?(2)

    Also i am curious about the update procedure. We have E1 and E2 both up and running and using different sets of bundles from the shared pool. These sets of bundles has common bundles. When E1 starts and update and updates all its bundles. I guess E2 will "see" the updated common bundles after restart?(3) Will there be any trouble if an updated bundle has a dependency to some other bundle and when E2 starts using this updated bundle will the dependency be resolved or will E2 has knowledge of this other bundle and from where?(4)

So for now these 4 questions trouble my mind :) If you need more info about them write me and i'll try to explain further.

Best Regards
Borislav