[p2-dev] Why is org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.configUrl setting in config.ini cleared during update from 3.4 to 3.5?

Hi all,

I am updating our RCP application from Ganymede to Galileo. Everything
went fine except for the automatic p2 update.
After updating the old version (based on Ganymede) to the newly built
RCP (based on Eclipse Galileo) our application will not start.

Turns out the config.ini file is not correctly modified and contains
this invalid line:
org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.configUrl=

When I change it to this back to:
org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.configUrl=file\:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
it works again as expected.

Any idea why config.ini is broken and how to avoid this?

Thanks,
Hendrik.
--
Hendrik Eeckhaut, PhD