Re: [p2-dev] Creating the p2 profile manually

We are using p2 as the provisioning system for wso2 carbon. When creating carbon distributions, bundles related to some features are already present by default. We want to tell the p2 that to consider such features as already installed features in the distribution. As we understoof for that to happen the related information should be included in the p2 profile and the artifact.xml. We also have the feature jar file prior to creating the carbon distributions.

One way we thought of is to rather than creating the profile and artifact.xml manually we can put the feature jar in the features folder in which case p2 should pick it up and install. However for some reason it is not being picked up. Turns out i needed to have "...config.dir/org.eclipse.update/platform.xml" in place.

Thank you,
Saminda