[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[p2-dev] Avoiding Director-Added Repository Locations?
- From: "Mark Melvin" <Mark.Melvin@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 12:37:44 -0700
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: AcnpOcJh/ILF4PQcThC/lRHyRrQG2Q==
- Thread-topic: Avoiding Director-Added Repository Locations?
I noticed as a side-effect of our installer installing from a local
filesystem repository (basically on the install CD), P2 adds a location
into the Available Software Sites that is "file:/path/to/local/site/".
Really what I want is our internet-based URL. That's fine, I can add
this via an addRepository(..) touchpoint action - but how do I avoid the
filesystem based one from getting in there (or how can I remove it)?
The problem with simply removing it is...well, I have no idea what it
could be. Some people may run the installer from the network, or a CD
drive that could be any drive letter.
I guess I could just leave it there, but if it is a CD drive, won't this
get hit every time the user checks for updates?