Cannot satisfy dependency:
From: Main Feature 1.0.0.200906091346 (com.abc.main.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.200906091346)
To: com.abc.test.feature.feature.group [1.0.0.200906091346]

I'm attaching the workspace here for the above scenario.(See attached file: w35b.zip)

If this is NOT the way it's supposed to work, please let me know I'll try the update scenario you described.

Best Regards

Samuel Wu

Inactive hide details for Simon Kaegi/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCASimon Kaegi/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

          Simon Kaegi/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
          Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          06/09/2009 01:48 PM

          Please respond to

cc

Subject

RE: [p2-dev] How use updated custom touchpoint action in the sameinstallation?

I think Samuel's question is a bit more complex. He's essentially asking about how we would handle the interleaving of a request that involves a newer version of the bundle that provides custom actions.
This is a scenario that I don't feel has been explored fully -- I would want to walk through this with a debugger to be sure we handle it correctly before being taken at face value.

With that said, here's my understanding of what Samuel's asking and what I would expect to happen at the engine level for a scenario where we:

1) install main.feature v1
a) Perform install of custom.action v1 (based on metarequirements in main.feature v1)
b) Install the rest of main.feature v1
--
2) upgrade to main.feature v1.1
a) uninstall of parts of main.feature v1 and upgrade custom.action v1 to v1.1 (based on metarequirements in main.feature v1.1)

You mention that the custom.action is not getting upgraded as it should in step 2a. This should happen (e.g the new custom action should be installed and run) however the metarequirement would have to be versioned correctly or otherwise the v1 custom.action will get run.

Again, this is scenario that I will have to step through but if that's not what is happening then it's a bug. If anyone can come up with a small example we can build on to create a test case please feel free to open a bug as that will speed the process a great deal. Otherwise... I'll try this out when I get a chance.

-Simon

Inactive hide details for "Mark Melvin" ---06/09/2009 11:04:26 AM---Hi Samuel,"Mark Melvin" ---06/09/2009 11:04:26 AM---Hi Samuel,

"Mark Melvin" <Mark.Melvin@xxxxxxxxxx>

"P2 developer discussions" <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

06/09/2009 11:04 AM

RE: [p2-dev] How use updated custom touchpoint action in the sameinstallation?

Sent by:

p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Samuel,

This is what the "metaRequirements" in p2.inf are for. You basically have your com.abc.main.feature "metaRequire" the custom touchpoint action and it will be installed and activated first. There are a few threads and examples on this on the mailing list, and an example by Simon here:

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/p2-dev/msg01379.html

Also see the newsgroup:

http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=6224&group=eclipse.technology.equinox#6224

Mark.