Re: [p2-dev] Trying to make sense of agent, installer and director

Hi!

Thanks, that explaination makes some sense.

> - the p2-installer can be directed to install anything by modifying
> the installer.properties.

Well, I would have expected it to be able to install me an SDK if I use the default settings, but no luck.

I have downloaded the p2installer from Galileo 3.5RC3 on win32 and just lauched it.

Result:

> !SESSION 2009-06-04 19:14:49.062 >
> eclipse.buildId=unknown
> java.version=1.6.0_13
> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
> Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.installer 4 0 2009-06-04 19:15:25.250
> !MESSAGE Installable unit not found: org.eclipse.sdk.ide

Shouldn't that work out of the box normally?

As you say, the UI has little options to set.

I also tried to install something using the agent.

There my problem was that it could not find certain required parts in any of its repositories.

Did anyone ever successfully install his / her SDK through P2?

I mean: Install from scratch. Not just install some additional features into an existing SDK which got installed by unpacking a ZIP file. Or do I suffer from a misunderstanding and the p2installer is not at all made for that?

Regards,
Torsten

-------- Original-Nachricht --------