[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[p2-dev] changing the configuration area
- From: Rupert Gratz <rupert.gratz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 16:52:49 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Organization: WindRiver
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (X11/20090302)
We repeatably run into a worrisome issue since we enabled p2 in our product:
What many developers/testers do over here is changing the default
configuration area by passing an option to the startup executable:
Thats where the problem arise:
some folders/files will be created here:
@config/../ (which is in the case above: /tmp/ !)
a p2 folder will be created there - Of course we can change that
behavior in the config.ini file.
However when one installs additional software, features/plugins will be
stored here @config/../ anyway no matter where the users p2 folder is
The only solution for us, so far, is to specify the configuration area
by adding a sub folder: "-configuration /tmp/myConfig/conf"
Is this the only solution to get rid over this problem?
Do we have any possibilities to customize our product in anyway so we
can get rid of this problem?
- we can change the location of the user's p2 folder - OK
- Whats with the artifacts.xml which is being created here @config/../
- and additional installed software (features/plugins) ??
Thanks for any hints,