Re: [p2-dev] Uninstall command

That help command does not work for me on RC3.

To uninstall use -uninstallIU argument.

Here is the command I used to install on M7.
.\eclipse.exe -data ..\workspace -debug -console -vm "C:\Program Files\IBM\Java60\jre\bin\classic\jvm.dll" -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.application -metadataRepository file:C:/ctempP2/HelloWorldSite -artifactRepository file:C:/ctempP2/HelloWorldSite -installIU HelloWorldFeature.feature.group -version 1.0.0 -destination C:\35work\0421-0930SDK\eclipse -profile SDKProfile -vmargs -Declipse.p2.data.area=C:\35work\0421-0930SDK\eclipse\p2

Here is the command I used to uninstall. I am sure you will find that you do not need all of these args.
.\eclipse.exe -data ..\workspace -debug -console -vm "C:\Program Files\IBM\Java60\jre\bin\classic\jvm.dll" -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.application -metadataRepository file:C:/ctempP2/HelloWorldSite -artifactRepository file:C:/ctempP2/HelloWorldSite -uninstallIU HelloWorldFeature.feature.group -noExit -version 1.0.0 -destination C:\35work\0421-0930SDK\eclipse -profile SDKProfile -vmargs -Declipse.p2.data.area=C:\35work\0421-0930SDK\eclipse\p2

Inactive hide details for John Arthorne ---05/25/2009 02:55:32 PM---As I mentioned, this application is new and there isn't anyJohn Arthorne ---05/25/2009 02:55:32 PM---As I mentioned, this application is new and there isn't any formal documentation yet. You can find out how it works by typing t

John Arthorne <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx>

05/25/2009 02:55 PM

Re: [p2-dev] Uninstall command

As I mentioned, this application is new and there isn't any formal documentation yet. You can find out how it works by typing this on the command line (using 3.5 RC1 or greater):

eclipsec.exe -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -help

John

Afkham Azeez <afkham@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/25/2009 03:27 PM

Please respond to
cc
Subject
Re: [p2-dev] Uninstall command

I checked the Director App documentation
http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/p2_director.html
but I cannot see a way to provide the option for uninstalling. Could
someone please shed some light as to how bundles can be unistalled &
updated using the director app?

Thanks
Azeez

http://wso2.org/

http://tech.jayasoma.org_______________________________________________
> p2-dev mailing list
> p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
Afkham Azeez

Blog:
http://afkham.org
Developer Portal:
http://www.wso2.org
WSAS Blog:
http://wso2wsas.blogspot.com
Company:
http://wso2.com
GPG Fingerprint: 643F C2AF EB78 F886 40C9  B2A2 4AE2 C887 665E 0760