RE: [p2-dev] p2 repositories preferences, where are they now?

This would not work since this would depend on the order in which the actions are being executed.
However if you are trying to get rid of those repositories in the context of building an application on top of the platform or SDK product, then you rather than reuse the platform metadata excluding the IU that adds the repo.
Here is a wiki page Andrew wrote on the topic http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Reusing_Platform_Metadata

HTH

PaScaL

Inactive hide details for "Mark Melvin" ---05/28/2009 12:21:15 PM---If I want to 'disable' an existing repository using these t"Mark Melvin" ---05/28/2009 12:21:15 PM---If I want to 'disable' an existing repository using these touchpoints, do I have to remove it and then add it again as disabled

"Mark Melvin" <Mark.Melvin@xxxxxxxxxx>

"P2 developer discussions" <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

05/28/2009 12:21 PM

RE: [p2-dev] p2 repositories preferences, where are they now?

If I want to 'disable' an existing repository using these touchpoints, do I have to remove it and then add it again as disabled?

Mark.

Re: [p2-dev] p2 repositories preferences, where are they now?

In 3.5 you no longer need to manually hack these files. There are touchpoint instructions that all your bundle/feature/product to add or remove repositories from the profile programmatically. See the "AddRepository" and "RemoveRepository" actions on this page:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Touchpoint_Instructions

John

Jacek Pospychała <Jacek.Pospychala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/28/2009 11:03 AM

Please respond to
cc
Subject
[p2-dev] p2 repositories preferences, where are they now?

Hello p2 :-)

In 3.4 I learned to love and take care of this two files:
configuration\.settings\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.prefs
configuration\.settings\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.prefs

thanks to them I was able to set predefined p2 repositories list, or
remove the Ganymede default ones in my custom product.

Now since 3.5M6 I don't see those files, so how could I remove default
update sites or add my custom ones?

Thanks!

Jacek