Re: [p2-dev] Why Mail RCP cloud P2 demo self update failed?

I use a standard Eclipse to add my update site (create the prefs) and
copy the following 2 files
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.prefs
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.prefs
into the p2maildemo ".settings" folder,

Now, everything works. The cloud mail demo pops saying "new version
1.0.1" available. If I select and update, everything is perfect.

Now it seems the touchpoint in p2.inf is not properly converted to
"prefs". I just don't know
which part I am missing, why the repository specified in p2.inf is not
used to create those two 'prefs'?

Thanks,
Sam.

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:31 AM, sam zhou <zhou3r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In '.settings' folder, there is a file called
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk.scheduler.prefs
>
> The content of that file is
>
> #Tue May 26 11:20:48 EDT 2009
> migrated34Prefs=true
> enabled=false
> eclipse.preferences.version=1
> autoUpdateInit=true
>
> There is no repository property in that 'prefs' file.
>
> I did modify p2.inf to include the correct repository locations and
> copied it into org.eclipse.equinox.p2.examples.rcp.cloud/META-INF
> before export. I also
> verified the exported binary includes p2.inf.
>
> What am I missing here? Do you know why the 'prefs' doesn't include
> repositories property?
>
> Thanks,
> Sam.
>
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Susan Franklin McCourt
> <susan_franklin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Part of the idea of the "cloud" example is that from a UI point of view, the
>> updates come from the enabled repositories (the cloud) and the user has no
>> visibility into where it is looking.
>>
>> But you still need to configure the built application to look in the right
>> place.
>> You are correct in supposing that you need to modify the p2.inf file to
>> point to your repositories, but this must be done prior to the product
>> build.
>>
>> Once built, you can check which repos are being consulted by looking in
>>
>> d:\tmp\p2maildemo\eclipse\p2\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine\profileRegistry\p2maildemo.profile\.data\.settings
>>
>> In here you should see the prefs files for the artifact and metadata
>> repositories.
>>
>> susan
>>
>> sam zhou <zhou3r@xxxxxxxxx>
>>

>> sam zhou <zhou3r@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> 05/19/2009 12:04 PM
>> Please respond to P2 developer discussions
>>
>> To: P2 developer discussions <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> cc:
>> Subject: Re: [p2-dev] Why Mail RCP cloud P2 demo self update failed?
>>
>> The plugin in the about box shows 1.0.0.
>> I don't understand your question "do you have any repository enabled
>> in the application?".
>>
>> I didn't see any menu or button I can add a new p2 site into mail demo
>> application. I assume
>> if I install the mail demo from a p2 site, that p2 site should be
>> automatically enabled in that demo.
>> Is my understanding right?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sam.
>>
>> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Pascal Rapicault
>> <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Before looking for updates, verify that you do have installed the 1.0.0
>>> version by checking in the about dialog.
>>> Also, do you have any repository enabled in the application?
>>>
>>> sam zhou ---05/15/2009 01:17:47 PM---I am trying to study the Mail RCP
> [...]
>>> p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Date:
>>> 05/15/2009 01:17 PM