Re: [p2-dev] Re: [equinox-dev] Required bundles for P2 in a server-side equinoxapplication

If you are looking for something relatively minimal, then the p2 installer is a good start http://download.eclipse.org/equinox/drops/S-3.5RC2-200905221710/index.php.
However this can even be stripped down even further depending on your needs (for example the native touchpoint is not necessary, or if you are not doing bundles the eclipse touchpoint could be taken out, etc.).
If you are after dependency resolution from within the application then the absolute minimum is p2.director and preq (engine, core).
On the transport front, depending on the QOS of the servers you are installing from, then you may not need to get the apache http client, the support for SSL, etc Thus reducing even further the dependencies

HTH

PaScaL

Inactive hide details for Saminda Wijeratne ---05/25/2009 11:56:27 PM---Hi,Saminda Wijeratne ---05/25/2009 11:56:27 PM---Hi,

Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@xxxxxxxx>

05/25/2009 11:56 PM

Re: [p2-dev] Re: [equinox-dev] Required bundles for P2 in a server-side equinoxapplication

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I will drop the update.configurator, and use the simpleconfigurator instead and see the results.

Our aim is to connect p2 as the provisioning platform in WSO2 Carbon. We want the p2 commands to be available on the osgi console level. You must have noticed Sameera's mail regarding the same thing. My objective is to determine the minimum set of bundles required to minimize the size of the distributions.

Thank you,
Saminda.

[p2-dev] Re: [equinox-dev] Required bundles for P2 in a server-side equinoxapplication