RE: [p2-dev] Dynamic or "Latest" Metadata Requires Version?

Hello Again,

I never got an answer to this, or figured it out on my own.  I have come
back to this point now.  Aside from manually maintaining version numbers
in all of my p2.inf files, or using this construct:

requires.0.namespace=org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu
requires.0.name=some.iu.id
requires.0.range=0.0.0

Which, as far as I can tell means to require/use the latest version of
something in a repository, is there any way I can get my build process
to substitute the latest version found (at build time) of a specific,
pre-built requirement that is already present in the build environment?
I understand this works if you build from a .product file, but is there
any way for me to accomplish the same thing without a .product file?

For example, I just built "my.cool.feature" version 2.0.1, and it is
grabbed and used in the build for "my.other.cool.feature", version
1.0.0.  Basically, I want to do something like this in my p2.inf for
"my.other.cool.feature":

requires.0.namespace=org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu
requires.0.name=my.cool.feature
requires.0.range=$my.cool.feature.version$

(where $my.cool.feature.version$ evaluates to [2.0.1,2.0.1])

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Mark.