From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Andrew Niefer
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 11:30 PM
To: P2 developer discussions
Subject: RE: [p2-dev] root files

The change in root files is by design, however you have found a bug
about the featureList (and probably also pluginList), where those lists
aren't getting included in the final product.  Can you raise a bug for
that please.

Build-time features that contribute rootfiles but no feature jar end up
being purely metadata together with the root artifacts.

Work around would be a p2.inf beside the .product file to add
requirements on the generated root IUs from those features.

-Andrew

"Haigermoser, Helmut" <Helmut.Haigermoser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/25/2009 10:20 AM
Please respond to

"P2 developer discussions" <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> cc Subject
RE: [p2-dev] root files

guys, this issue (if it is one) could be critical, can you confirm root
files are still working in 3.5, and if so, how?
TIA,
Ciao, hh