RE: [p2-dev] root files

<sigh>  I just figured that out after looking at the generated build.xml files in both cases.  I added p2.inf to my bin.includes and things happened as I expected.  I'll file a bug...

SERENITY NOW!

(Thanks, Andrew...)

From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrew Niefer
Sent: May 25, 2009 5:22 PM
To: P2 developer discussions
Subject: RE: [p2-dev] root files

Can you raise a bug for this Mark.
customBuildCallbacks causes a different pattern in the generated ant because the user can do arbitrary stuff there.  We must stage the contents of the feature to some directory.
The publisher is likely never seeing your p2.inf file in this case.
Workaround would be to include the p2.inf in the final feature.jar by adding it to bin.includes.

-Andrew

"Mark Melvin" <Mark.Melvin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/25/2009 05:09 PM

Please respond to

"P2 developer discussions" <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [p2-dev] root files

OK, now here is the completely screwed-up part.  I have a
build.properties that looks like this:

 root = root_files
 bin.includes = feature.xml
 customBuildCallbacks = buildfiles/updateDependencies.xml
 customBuildCallbacks.failonerror = true
 customBuildCallbacks.inheritall = true

I am trying to contribute an IUFragment using the simple example Simon
sent awhile back.  It will not generate the fragment no matter what I
try.  But if I remove the three lines at the end of my build.properties
file that wire up my custom build hooks, it works and generates the
fragment!  WTF!?

I'm assuming this is a bug?  Or is there some Ant+PDE black magic I am
missing here?

Mark.