Re: [p2-dev] rcp app using p2 on vista - 3.4.2

Nevermind, I dealt with my issues:

http://dev.eclipse.org/blogs/francis/2009/05/24/rcp-p2-vista-and-virtualstore/

On Fri, 22 May 2009 17:12:32 -0700, Francis Upton <francisu@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have an RCP app that I have been happily using p2 with for Windows XP, Linux and the Mac.

When I installed it on Vista however, it gets the "Cannot launch the Update UI. The installation has not been configured properly for Software Updates" instead of the beloved p2 UI. Windows XP works fine.

I think the problem is that Vista is much more picky about who gets to write to the /Program Files directory.

I validated this by installing the software in the /Users/Francis directory and the update UI worked fine.

Any ideas about how to work around this problem?

Francis

--
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.