RE: [p2-dev] Proper Way To Install from P2 Zipped Repos

Thanks for the reply, Nick.

I agree the messages look serious - which is why I asked.  But why would
P2 care if all of my bundle dependencies aren't present in my P2
repository (and I am referring to my Eclipse *platform* dependencies,
not other bundles I am building and shipping)?  Obviously my feature
requires org.eclipse.core.runtime, but I don't plan on shipping it in my
P2 repository.  It should be in the platform that the user is running
when they install my feature.

I've basically got all of my features and plugins building again under
P2 and this appears to be just noise as all of my individual builds seem
to be working fine, and consuming each other as dependencies without
issue, but they are all spitting out this noise when I amalgamate the
repositories.  My basic install tests appear to work as well, but I
can't run a full-on test as I have not yet managed to prune out all of
my legacy install handlers.  That's next...

Mark.

Back to the top