Re: [p2-dev] Metadata Stamp

There are probably too many open questions to make this a reality for 3.5, but thanks for discussing it.

I was thinking that many people would simply use one of the many publisher applications / ant tasks to generate their repositories, and if / when problems are reported, users are more likely to indicate which version of Eclipse they were using when they saw the problem, not which version of Eclipse they used to generate the metadata.

In practical terms, this happened last night.  Lucky for me it was in ECF and Scott is both on my skype list and in the same timezone as me, so we sorted it out rather quickly.  However, for random repositories on the web it might be harder to distinguish between a regression and someone that was using an old version of the tool.

thanks,
Ian