[p2-dev] Using P2 within releng.basebuilder

The Eclipse releng.basebuilder (v20090511-1742) has the P2 bundles needed to run P2 within an headless PDE Build environment.  However, I believe there are a couple of bundles missing to reference a remote p2 repo via http.

When I attempted to reference a p2 repo via http, I received the following error when attempting to access the repo’s content.xml

     [exec] org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.core.ProvisionException: HTTP Server Unknown HTTP Response Code (200):http://…/content.xml

I started the PDE Build environment with the OSGi console and noticed that the org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient was “installed” (not resolved or started).  It is dependent upon the following bundles that are not included with the releng.basebuilder:

·         org.apache.commons.httpclient

·         org.apache.commons.codec

I dropped these 2 bundles into the releng.basebuilder/plugins  folder and all works.  J

Should the distribution of releng.basebuilder include these files?  Or should I just add them to satisfy my use case?

Dennis O'Flynn
Technical Consultant
compuware
One Campus Martius