[p2-dev] ProductAction and multiple products

I'm puzzled by the advices created by the publishers ProductAction. This is the method:

   private void createAdvice() {
       executableName = product.getLauncherName();
       createProductAdvice();
       createAdviceFileAdvice();
       createRootAdvice();
       info.addAdvice(new RootIUResultFilterAdvice(null));
   }

The last RootIUResultFilterAdvice will yield *all* ROOT's found in the result. Further down the line, this causes the RootIUAction to create requirements to all those roots. Not a good approach when more then one single product is published to the repo. I tried to rectify this by running the ProductAction using an isolated inner result but then I ran into other problems since the EquinoxLauncherCUAction didn't find any version advice for the launchers and hence didn't emit the touchpoint actions needed for the eclipse.inf.

Before I go further and report a bugzilla on this, I'd like to know what the though behind this RootIUResultFilterAdvice is. Why is it there at all?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top