[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [p2-dev] Re: Lots of errors in my error log

Let's continue the discussion in the bug report.

Inactive hide details for Ian Bull ---05/09/2009 01:46:01 AM---I have made some headway with this, however, I'm surprised we haIan Bull ---05/09/2009 01:46:01 AM---I have made some headway with this, however, I'm surprised we have not seen this more often. It would appear that when we publ


From:

Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To:

P2 developer discussions <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Date:

05/09/2009 01:46 AM

Subject:

[p2-dev] Re: Lots of errors in my error log




I have made some headway with this, however, I'm surprised we have not seen this more often.  It would appear that when we publish bundles into one of the cache's (in this case 834/data/1969065986/) we use the BundlesAction from the publisher.  This action also publishes the translation fragments, however, no FILE_NAME property is set on the translation fragments. This leads to the errors I'm seeing.

There is even a comment to this effect on line 160 of RepositoryListener:
// we only want to return the bundle IU so must exclude all fragment IUs
// not sure if this is still relevant but we should investigate.

The easy fix is not to log the error, that is, just ignore IUs that don't have the FILE_NAME property, but I don't think this is the proper approach.

thoughts,
Ian

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:


--
R. Ian Bull | EclipseSource Victoria | +1 250 477 7484

http://eclipsesource.com | http://twitter.com/eclipsesource_______________________________________________
p2-dev mailing list
p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/p2-dev


GIF image

GIF image