Re: [p2-dev] Galileo mirroring problem. Need help!

Andrew Niefer wrote:

Could the pack.gz file hav been created with Java 1.6?
The file was reconditioned with a Java 1.5 Pack200, and then signed at Eclipse.org, and then packed again with a Java 1.5 Pack200.

An interesting observation is that the signer seems to be using Java 1.6. But that should be true for all projects (this is the top of the ECLIPSE.SF file):

Signature-Version: 1.0
SHA1-Digest-Manifest: jHnvFjNM4/Rn9koUBVOpVOoWEJY=
Created-By: 1.6.0 (IBM Corporation)
SHA1-Digest-Manifest-Main-Attributes: UxN2vuHWF3kmruwHHkDdtAxBZQ4=

unless this changed very recently of course so that only newly signed projects are affected. Could that be the case?

- thomas

I don't know if this makes a difference here since it is complaining about a manifest and not a .class file.
I assume that buckminster.maven contains some classes, so the pack200 tool should output a 1.5 compatible  file (assuming they aren't 1.6 classes).
But the signing and conditioning were done with java 1.5.

-Andrew

Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/08/2009 11:45 AM

Please respond to

cc

Subject
[p2-dev] Galileo mirroring problem. Need help!

I have a major problem with the P2 mirroring in Galileo Builder. I would
really appreciate some help pinning it down.

The problem occurs during the mirroring phase. A RawMirrorRequest is
executed to fetch a xxx.jar.pack.gz file and it succeeds without
problems. Next, I try to unpack this jar as a sibling. This also
succeeds on most files, but not all. The problem manifests itself like this:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Unable to unpack artifact
osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.buckminster.maven,1.1.350.r10157 in repository
file:/shared/galileo/buckyBuild/buildresults/final/aggregate: Error
reading signed content:/tmp/signatureFile5703.jar
Caused by: java.security.SignatureException: Either the manifest file or
the signature file has been tampered in this jar: /tmp/signatureFile5703.jar

It only manifests itself when running Java 5 on the build machine (a J9
for ppc). If I run the same build locally on my machine, pointing to the
exact same repository, everything is fine. Moreover, to verify the
consistency of the file on the actual machine where it fails, I tested
using unpack200 (from the same JVM). That completes without problems and
leaves a resulting jar file. I checked this jar file with jarsigner
-verify <jar> and it claims the file is OK.

So what can happen here that makes P2 complain when unpacking? And why
only with one particular VM? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. I'm
starting to drain out of them.

- thomas