Re: Fw: [p2-dev] Using the new "sofware site" target provisioner

The PDE team loves patches. Can you attach it to this bug where we're looking at spoofing the JRE profile at the moment?

I'm a bit curious what the main difference would be when not using the planner. What do we lose.

I think this is covered in Jeff's comments on 272750, but essentially we would be replacing target provisioning with target mirroring.  Instead of pointing to a repo and provisioning it (installing an IU and everything that "satisfies" it), you would point to a repo and "mirror" it to your target.

You would then be able to develop against everything in the repo, and nothing more.

cheers,
ian

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk