Re: [p2-dev] Categories

I was using the site wizard. I purposely used the same category name and ID for a series of tests. I was using 0429-0800.

Based on your explanation and the category definitions in the site content.xml files, I understand why it didn't work. But I don't see how to make it work without hacking.

Inactive hide details for Ian Bull ---05/01/2009 10:37:59 AM---James,Ian Bull ---05/01/2009 10:37:59 AM---James,

Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

05/01/2009 10:37 AM

Re: [p2-dev] Categories

James,

This should work, however because categories are IUs and IUs are always processed as a set, if a category has the same ID and version (don't ask about category versions), then only 1 will get chosen.

We have added a prefix to categories to help make the ID unique.  How did you generate your metadata for the categories?  (and what build did you use).

cheers,
ian