[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
RE: [p2-dev] Problem running P2 director application

Ciao Azeez :)
To me this sounds like the director is not (yet) part of the p2 agent, 
depending on the purpose of this package it might never be,
is it an option for you to use the platform or SDK drop for now to get a successful build?
HTH,
Ciao, hh 

-----Original Message-----
From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Afkham Azeez
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 4:54 PM
To: P2 developer discussions
Cc: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [p2-dev] Problem running P2 director application

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Haigermoser, Helmut <Helmut.Haigermoser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Azeez,
> Q: What command line are you trying to use?
>
I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 and am using bash to run the following command

./eclipse \
   -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.application \
   -metadataRepository http://download.eclipse.org/releases/ganymede/ \
   -artifactRepository http://download.eclipse.org/releases/ganymede/ \
   -installIU org.eclipse.cdt.feature.group \
   -version 5.0.2.200902130801

> Q: What jre have you got there?
>
java version "1.5.0_08"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_08-b03) Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_08-b03, mixed mode)


> Q: Where did you get the instructions from?
>
http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/p2_director.html

> Q: What eclipse drop do you use, platform, SDK, something else?
>
I used the P2 agent available at
http://download.eclipse.org/equinox/drops/S-3.5M6-200903130100/download.php?dropFile=equinox-p2-agent-3.5M6-linux.tar.gz

> Q: Can you send us the .log file?
>
Log attached


> TIA,
> Ciao, hh
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] 
> On Behalf Of Afkham Azeez
> Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 4:40 PM
> To: P2 developer discussions
> Cc: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [p2-dev] Problem running P2 director application
>
> I tried with the latest equinox-p2-agent-3.5M6-linux.tar.gz I 
> downloaded from 
> http://download.eclipse.org/equinox/drops/S-3.5M6-200903130100/index.p
> hp
> and am still getting the same error.
>
> Thanks
> Azeez
>
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Pascal Rapicault <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/
>>
>> Afkham Azeez ---04/27/2009 08:39:13 AM---I can use the latest version.
>> Could you send me the link to the
>>
>>
>> From:
>> Afkham Azeez <afkham@xxxxxxxxx>
>> To:
>> P2 developer discussions <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Date:
>> 04/27/2009 08:39 AM
>> Subject:
>> Re: [p2-dev] Problem running P2 director application 
>> ________________________________
>>
>>
>> I can use the latest version. Could you send me the link to the 
>> download of the latest version please?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Azeez
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 5:44 PM, Haigermoser, Helmut 
>> <Helmut.Haigermoser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Ciao Afkham  :)
>>> Any reason for using M2, that's a pretty early milestone, a LOT has 
>>> changed since then..?
>>> HTH,
>>> Ciao, hh
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
>>> On Behalf Of Afkham Azeez
>>> Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 1:59 PM
>>> To: p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Subject: [p2-dev] Problem running P2 director application
>>>
>>> Hi Folks,
>>> I tried to run the director app as outlined in 
>>> http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platfo
>>> r m.d oc.isv/guide/p2_metadata_generator.html
>>>
>>> However, I got the following  error
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------------------------
>>> !SESSION 2009-04-27 17:08:58.378
>>> -----------------------------------------------
>>> eclipse.buildId=unknown
>>> java.version=1.5.0_08
>>> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
>>> BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US Framework
>>> arguments:  -application
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.application
>>> -metadataRepository http://download.eclipse.org/releases/ganymede/
>>> -artifactRepository http://download.eclipse.org/releases/ganymede/
>>> -installIU org.eclipse.cdt.feature.group -version 5.0.2.200902130801 
>>> Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -application 
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.application -metadataRepository 
>>> http://download.eclipse.org/releases/ganymede/ -artifactRepository 
>>> http://download.eclipse.org/releases/ganymede/ -installIU 
>>> org.eclipse.cdt.feature.group -version 5.0.2.200902130801
>>>
>>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2009-04-27 17:08:59.251 !MESSAGE 
>>> Application error !STACK 1
>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Application 
>>> "org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.application" could not be found 
>>> in the registry. The applications available are:
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.app.error,
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication,
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.garbagecollector.application,
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.generator.EclipseGenerator,
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication,
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.application,
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.admin.rcp.application.
>>>        at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp
>>> (
>>> Ecl
>>> ipseAppContainer.java:242)
>>>        at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApp
>>> l
>>> ica
>>> tionLauncher.java:29)
>>>        at
>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runAppl
>>> i
>>> cat
>>> ion(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>>>        at
>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(E
>>> c
>>> lip
>>> seAppLauncher.java:79)
>>>        at
>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:
>>> 386)
>>>        at
>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:
>>> 179)
>>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native 
>>> Method)
>>>        at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
>>> jav
>>> a:39)
>>>        at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcce
>>> s
>>> sor
>>> Impl.java:25)
>>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>>        at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
>>>        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
>>>        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
>>>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> It seems that the director app cannot be  found in my P2 installation.
>>> I'm using P2 equinox-p2-agent-3.5M2-linux.tar.gz.
>>>
>>> Do I have to separately download the director app?
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks
>>> Afkham Azeez
>>>
>>> Blog: http://afkham.org
>>> Developer Portal: http://www.wso2.org WSAS Blog:
>>> http://wso2wsas.blogspot.com
>>> Company: http://wso2.com
>>> GPG Fingerprint: 643F C2AF EB78 F886 40C9  B2A2 4AE2 C887 665E 0760 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> p2-dev mailing list
>>> p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/p2-dev
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> p2-dev mailing list
>>> p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/p2-dev
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Thanks
>> Afkham Azeez
>>
>> Blog: http://afkham.org
>> Developer Portal: http://www.wso2.org WSAS Blog: 
>> http://wso2wsas.blogspot.com
>> Company: http://wso2.com
>> GPG Fingerprint: 643F C2AF EB78 F886 40C9  B2A2 4AE2 C887 665E 0760 
>> _______________________________________________
>> p2-dev mailing list
>> p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/p2-dev
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> p2-dev mailing list
>> p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/p2-dev
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Thanks
> Afkham Azeez
>
> Blog: http://afkham.org
> Developer Portal: http://www.wso2.org
> WSAS Blog: http://wso2wsas.blogspot.com
> Company: http://wso2.com
> GPG Fingerprint: 643F C2AF EB78 F886 40C9  B2A2 4AE2 C887 665E 0760 
> _______________________________________________
> p2-dev mailing list
> p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/p2-dev
> _______________________________________________
> p2-dev mailing list
> p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/p2-dev
>



--
Thanks
Afkham Azeez

Blog: http://afkham.org
Developer Portal: http://www.wso2.org
WSAS Blog: http://wso2wsas.blogspot.com
Company: http://wso2.com
GPG Fingerprint: 643F C2AF EB78 F886 40C9  B2A2 4AE2 C887 665E 0760