[p2-dev] Re: Software Updates - Revert Software Configuration p2 problems in RCP app

In case anyone finds this thread by searching ...
The issue goes away if the profile name used in the director app is different from the product id.
:-) :-)
regards,
Edoardo Comar
IBM United Kingdom Ltd.
ecomar@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel +44 (0)1962 81 5576 (external)  245576  (internal)
www.ibm.com/cics/explorer

Edoardo Comar/UK/IBM

20/04/2009 16:25

p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Software Updates - Revert Software Configuration p2 problems in RCP app

Hi
I need to fix this issue with our p2-enabled RCP app.
If I open the "Revert Configuration" dialog from the "Software Updates" dialog, I invariably get errors like:

"The configuration snapshot is no longer valid.
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.core.ProvisionException"

Running the app built in step 2) - if we open the "Revert Configuration" dialog from the "Software Updates" dialog, as said we get

"The configuration snapshot is no longer valid.
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.core.ProvisionException"

and the details button shows :

"The configuration snapshot is no longer valid.
  Problems resolving provisioning plan.
    No solution found because the problem in /tmp/p2EncodingNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.opb is unsatisfiable."

Even on the very first run of the application, the 'Revert Software Configuration" dialog shows 2 'Previous Configuration' entries:

1st, one with the timestamp of 'now' - selecting this causes the error above;
2nd, one with the timestamp of when the app was built;
selecting this causes no error, the finish button is enabled ... and if clicked, then the app will not restart. This is unrecoverable and one needs to delete and reinstall (unzip) the whole app.

I may open a bug - but I first need to know if there is nothing wrong with how we build the RCP application.
I had this problem for months - but now it's back to haunt me to get fixed.

I posted this on the rcp newsgroups too, but p2-dev may be more appropriate.

thanks
Edoardo

Unless stated otherwise above: